acupuncture for women’s health
Acupuncture is well known to successfully address many important women’s health issues that are not fully supported by traditional western medicine. From teenagers with irregular menstrual cycles and women focusing on their health and fertility in their 20s and 30s, to the early stages of perimenopause, menopause and beyond, Acupuncture and herbal medicine can truly support women at every stage in their life journey.
Specially for women, Acupuncture has been found to:
- Regulate painful and irregular periods
- Help with insomnia
- Reduce the symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Relax the anxiety related to one’s cycle or changing hormone levels
- Treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Fibroids, and Endometriosis
- Increase libido
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Treat leukorrhea, vaginal discharge, and vaginal dryness
- Reduce and stop heart palpitations
- Address headaches and migraines
- Support energy
- Reduce acne
- Balance emotional effects and improve mood
Acupuncture for Menopause and Perimenopause
Women experience many changes during perimenopause and menopause. Acupuncture and herbal medicine are a natural and holistic way to support the body as it rebalances to a new state, also helping to reduce the symptoms that many woman may experience during this time.
Acupuncture treatment also helps to reduce hot flashes and hight sweating, improve sleep, treat anxiety and balance mood changes associated with changing hormone levels, and stop heart palpitations. Additionally, it can increase energy and circulation to the urogenital area to increase sexual energy and libido.
Acupuncture for Menopause
Acupuncture for Perimenopausal Depressive Disorder (PMDD)
Please contact us for more details about acupuncture for women’s health, or to book your first appointment.